How To Release This Tool Set On
These instructions explain how to release this tool set on SourceForge.
Bump Version Numbers (If Not Already Bumped)
- BUILD_CONFIG.H (this changes everything throughout the tool compile).
- InstallShield Express SUBJECT.
- InstallShield Express PRODUCT NAME.
- InstallShield Express PRODUCT VERSION.
- InstallShield Express INSTALLDIR.
- InstallShield Express PRODUCT CODE.
- InstallShield Express UPGRADE CODE.
- InstallShield Express Shortcuts/Folders menu, change the heading for the
desktop folder and for the START-menu entry.
Be Sure That All Materials Build And That
All Version-Controlled Files Committed
- Be sure that:
- IjuConsole builds with no warnings and no errors.
- IjuScripter builds with no warnings and no errors.
- All files in c:\swprojs\ijs_ijc are committed.
- The book builds with no errors.
- All files in c:\ucswbka are committed.
- All files in c:\pubs are committed (for example, the Farey series and
continued fraction spreadsheets).
- All files in c:\distribs are committed except the InstallShield
Express project file and the InstallShield Package-For-The-Web project
Obtain A Clean Copy Of The IjuScripter/IjuConsole
- Obtain a clean copy of the IjuScripter/IjuConsole source code. To do
this, rename or delete any necessary directories and from the root directory, type "cvs checkout swprojs/ijs_ijc".
Obtain A Clean Copy Of The Book Source
- Obtain a clean copy of the book source code. To do this, rename or
delete any necessary directories and from the
root directory, type "cvs checkout ucswbka".
Package The IjuScripter/IjuConsole Source
- Use InstallShield Package-For-The-Web. Name the resulting file ijutools_vX_XX_source.exe,
and move it to a known directory.
Package The Book Source Code
- Use InstallShield Package-For-The-Web. Name the resulting file ijutools_vX_XX_book_source.exe,
and move it to a known directory.
Rebuild IjuScripter And IjuConsole
- To rebuild these products, for each one, open the two workspaces
one-at-a-time and choose
- To rebuild the book, in the directory c:\ucswbka\scripts, double-click on
the link, then when the Tcl script runs click the "rebuild all"
Create IjuTools Installation Binary
- Use "cvs -q update" to be sure that only the InstallShield Express
project file and InstallShield PFTW project files are uncommitted. Everything else should be committed.
- Delete any old installations and run InstallShield Express and build the
- Run the installation, check version numbers of tools installed, and check
all links. Debug and correct any issues, then rebuild and re-test the
- Optionally, deinstall the installation.
- Compact the InstallShield Express project file (this is an option in
- Be sure that all files in c:\distribs are committed.
- Name the executable ijutools_vX_XX_install.exe, and move it to a
Package The Book .PDF File
- Copy the file c:\ucswbka\svf.pdf to ijutools_vX_XX_book.pdf, and
move it to a known directory.
Record The File Sizes And CRCs
- All of the files that will be distributed should be in a known
directory. Write down their file sizes and CRCs. This
information will be used in the notes when these files are put up for
Transfer The Files Up To SourceForge And
- These instructions are on SourceForge. FTP to upload.sourceforge.net,
use user-ID "ftp" then password "email@example.com".
Then, "cd incoming" and "binary", then "put
<filename>". When adding the files as downloads, the file
sizes and CRC-32s should be included.
Update The Tcl Interpreter Used For Building The Book
- In the scripts directory of the book, update IJC.EXE with the
newest. This will give the opportunity to use this interpreter until
the next release.
Commit The InstallShield Express And PFTW Project Files
- Commit these files in c:\distribs.
Test The Source Code Distributions
- Check the source code distributions to be sure they expand and
compile. Delete original directories, expand, compile, delete.
Obtain New Sandboxes
- Re-obtain all materials from CVS. Generally, delete the underlying
directories, then from the root directory "cvs checkout distribs
ucswbka swprojs" or something like this.
site is maintained by Dave Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org).